Just like the clothes we choose for sports, we reject pure cotton materials. When you run a short distance, you may not notice too much. But once the running distance becomes longer or the weather becomes hot or humid, you will find that cotton socks will absorb a lot of sweat and easily lead to blisters. At the same time, it is very easy to breed bacteria in a moist environment.
Most of today's custom athletic socks wholesale use synthetic fiber materials such as spandex and polyester to keep your feet dry and comfortable. Of course, synthetic fibers are not the only option. Natural fibers will be added into some running socks that are suitable for a long-distance run, which has a good effect on regulating foot temperature, perspiration, and odor.
The thickness of running socks can serve three purposes:
1. Make every step of running softer. It is easy to understand that the thicker the socks are, the better the cushioning effect is, so the pressure on the feet and knee can be reduced. It is just like the role of a pair of running shoe plays;
2. Reduce the appearance of blisters. Blisters are prone to occur in the forefoot or heel or other parts of the feet when wearing some kinds of running socks, while the thickening design can reduce the occurrence of blisters;
3. Fill in the extra space in the shoes. The ideal state of a pair of running shoes is to "stick" tightly to your feet. Therefore, we usually choose the most appropriate size and tie up the laces before running to maximize the effectiveness of running shoes. However, sometimes running shoes are not always what one might expect. For example, they will be slightly loose in some positions. At this time, a pair of thick personalised running socks can fill the extra space and help your feet better fix in the shoes.
In most cases, the length of socks is optional, and you can match the socks freely according to your running shoes or pants. However, it should be noted that the uppers of some running shoes (such as cross-country shoes) are relatively high, and the length of socks should be correspondingly higher (it is better to be a certain length higher than the upper), otherwise the exposed skin is easy to be frayed by the shoes. As the road environment is more complex in cross-country running, high length socks can help keep dirt and other debris away from the skin and prevent scratches or abrasions from plants.
Fitting your feet perfectly refers to that the socks will not slip or wrinkle during running. Running is alternating your feet for a long period, so any slight discomfort on the feet will be infinitely magnified. Once there is slippage or wrinkling of the socks, scratch, rubbing or blisters are easy to occur. Therefore, there will be spandex in the materials of some running socks. The addition of elastic fabric will pro vide a stronger wrapping effect on the feet, and with a certain compression effect, the recovery after exercise and the performance during exercise can be improved.
Some custom running socks are also redesigned at specific positions. For example, the wrapping force on the feet is enhanced to ensure that the socks will not move during the running process. At the same time, the thickening and reinforcement design is carried out at positions such as the sole and heel where blisters are easy to occur, which greatly reduces the probability of blister formation.
However, it is important to note that if you choose stockings with compression function, do not choose too tight or too lose ones. Generally, additional measurement data of calf leg circumference is needed to match.
To sum up, there are three points that need to be considered when choosing a suitable pair of running socks:
1. In terms of the material, please avoid pure cotton. It is best to choose socks with elastic materials containing spandex to prevent wrinkling and slippage during sports;
2. As for the thickness standard of socks, it should be able to fill the gap between running shoes and feet. Of course, there are also seasonal factors;
3. The length of the socks should be higher than the upper of the shoes. When choosing the socks with compression function, we need to pay attention to the calf leg circumference.