Some yogis like to wear socks to do yoga movements. Some wear ordinary socks, and some wear professional yoga socks. If you want to wear them, it is recommended to wear professional custom yoga socks, because the soles of the socks will be treated with anti-slip treatment.
But people often hear complaints, "This yoga socks look very beautiful, but after putting them on, the feet swish forward and slip out, which is not slip-resistant at all." Some people say, "The socks are slip-resistant between the ground and the socks, but there is no slip resistance between the sole of the foot and the socks, so the whole thing is still not slip resistant."
Let's talk about the influencing factors of slip resistance. After understanding these factors, you can easily choose the ideal yoga socks according to your needs. Slip resistance is divided into two levels: between the socks and the ground, and between the soles of the feet and the socks.
PVC glue and silicone glue are common on the market. Generally speaking, silicone is better, but the cost is also high.
1. The material itself has good ones and bad ones, so it is with PVC and silicone.
2. The fullness of the glue, the shape of the glue point, the distribution position and size of the glue area will also affect the anti-skid effect of yoga socks. Some styles only dispense glue on a part of the sole of the foot, while others dispense glue on the entire sole. In theory, the entire dispensing will have better anti-slip properties.
1. The material and knitting method of yoga socks. If the knitting is sparse, the elastic fiber is sparse, the quality of the elastic fiber is poor, or the elastic fiber is not added at all, any one of these factors will affect the degree of fitness between the yoga socks and the foot, thereby affecting the anti-slip effect.
There are some yoga socks on the market that add elastic fibers in the middle of the arch to form an elastic zone. However, a more advanced approach is to add elastic fibers to the whole body of the yoga socks to make the yoga socks fit the feet well and maximize the friction between the yoga socks and the soles of the feet.
2. The style of yoga socks will also affect the anti-slip performance. The style we talk about here mainly refers to the structural design:
(1) With the instep and without the instep
The characteristics of the physical structure determine that certain forms will inevitably weaken the fitness and friction of yoga socks, such as those with open insteps. Let us think that this is the price paid for the pursuit of beauty. The anti-slip effect of an open instep may be lower than that of an unopened instep, especially in high-frequency or large-amplitude movements.
(2) Split toes and unsplit toes.
Many people are really not used to split-toe socks and instead they wear unsplit-toe socks. The anti-slip effect of the latter is generally lower than that of the former. If you are concerned about the slip resistance the most, then try to get used to the split-toe socks.
3. There are very few styles on the market that use different ideas to improve the friction between the soles of the feet and the socks: silicone rubber is also used inside the yoga socks to increase the slip resistance between the feet and the socks.